I love pumpkin butter, but don't love the all-day factor, for making it. I took the method I used to make my 5 minute stove-top jam, and make a pumpkin-apple jam (or you can call it, butter) in under half an hour!
AIMEE'S QUICK AND EASY PUMPKIN AND APPLE JAM
This recipe can be easily doubled or tripled! Enjoy on ice cream, toast, sandwiches … you name it!
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup brown sugar (you can add more, if you want it sweeter)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon bourbon (I used Jim Beam Black, Double Aged)
In a sauce pan, whisk together pumpkin, juice, brown sugar (you can add more if you want it sweeter) and spices. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Ready to eat now; or remove from heat and allow to cool completely, then add the bourbon (Add 2 Tablespoons if you double the recipe; about 1 if you make a small batch). The alcohol just allows the mixture to not spoil quickly, but can be omitted. Pour into jars then refrigerate.